FOOD PANTRY, CLOTHING
- Islamic Center of Omaha – 3511 No. 73 402-571-0720 they are good about serving anyone in need. Food Pantry. Will pay some for utilities. one time Apply for assistance on line and pull up ZAKAT application.. Grocery give away once a month . 1st Sat. of month 10:30-11:30 am/ first come first served.
- The Public School –Need help with food or clothing …many schools have backpack programs where kids can take a backpack or box of food home over the weekend. Also let the teacher know if kids need clothing . Talk to the counselor at the school regarding all these things.
- St. Vincent de Paul 402-305-4502 2101 Leavenworth T/Th 9-12:30 Food Pantry . Need Photo ID, SSN for all in household. One visit to pantry per month. 2 free changes of clothes every 90 days. Clothes available M/W/F no voucher needed. Furniture vouchers are given out at local parishes. Call 402-346-5445 to find a Catholic parish near you. No need to be Catholic for these services.
- Salvation Army Burrows Center for Help/Hope 6101 Radial Hwy. 402-898-6090. Pantry once a month. Need photo ID, SS cards for all in family, proof of address. M/T/Th/F 9-noon, 1-3:30.
- COUNTRYSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH 8787 Pacific St. 68114 402-391-0350. Community Cupboard pantry 1st Saturday of month 9:30-11:30 . No ID, No Limits on food. Must provide name and # in household.
- Living Hope UMC- Pearl Food Pantry 2919 State St. 68112 402-614-7452 no ID, SS, or proof of address needed M-F 10am-4pm
- HEART MINISTRY- 2222 Binney . 402-451-2321 Associated with Sacred Heart Church. Do not need be Catholic to get assistance. food pantry, some furniture. Walk in Pantry W/F 10-1. Seniors only on Thursday 10am-1pm. Porto Urgent Care Clinic (Physician Assistant) 9am-11:30 W and F. Dental Clinic Th/ by appt.
- Heartland Hope- heartlandhopemission.org 2021 “U” Street 402-733-2077 excellent place not so good about returning calls. Pantry: Thurs and Saturday 1:30-4 pm. Tues evening 6:30-7:30 pm. Clothing free; hygiene products available. Offer classes in budgeting and saving.
- KOUNTZE MEMORIAL CHURCH- 2650 Farnam 402-341-7761 Pantry: Monday 10am-1. Healing Gift Clinic by appt. only call Gordon at # listed . Enter south door by church office.
- Vineyard Food Assistance- 5030 N. 72nd 402-393-9077 Pantry can be used once a month. 3rd Saturday 9:30-11:30 bagged groceries, coffee, hot meal.
- First Lutheran Church 31st and Jackson. 402-345-7506 Food pantry – one pantry per 30 days. Need photo ID,SSN,proof of address. Clothes Closet available.
- Assistance League of Omaha 3569 Leavenworth 402-342-4288 They can help with the kids underwear, socks, clothes and more.
**Food pantry: generally one visit per month. Be prepared to show a photo ID, SS cards for all in household, and a piece of mail with your current address. Those requiring the aforementioned are linked to a database which shows if you have utilized other pantry sites during the month. In such a case you will be denied the pantry. *** It is advisable to clarify questions you might have by calling the organization. **** Confirm dates and times for site you wish to visit.
- Energy Assistance Program – United Way 211, Call 402-444-6666.
- LIHEAP federal funds for low income households’ energy needs. Apply: accessnebraska.gov
- St. Phillip Neri Catholic Church 8200 N 30th 402-455-1289.Ask for assistance with utility bill . Most pay is $200. If that church isn’t in your neighborhood then give address and ask which church is in their area. You do not have to be Catholic.
- Together Inc. 812 S. 24 St. 68114 402-345-8047 Pantry M/W/TH 9am-1pm Tues 9am-7pm. Offers financial assistance one time payments
- Heartland Family Service. 2102 So 42. 68105. 402-553-3000. Programs /assistance related to addiction, child abuse, community services, domestic violence, early childhood education, juvenile delinquency, mental health, and poverty/homelessness.
- Heartland Workforce Solutions 5752 Ames, 68104. 402-444-4700. Training for workforce, career development. Worthwhile programs.
- Car repairs. Call Metro South Campus. Ask for Al Cox. See if they still assess repairs and work on cars through their Auto Repair program. You pay for parts , they do labor unless things have changed. 402-457-2400 general number then ask for Al Cox. If he no longer in charge ask for new person’s name and direct telephone number.
Seldin Co. 402-333–7373 to find low income housing. They are very